Thursday, May 15, 2008

Boasting in the Lord


THURSDAY, MAY 15, 2008 05:53 AM, EDT
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" 2 Corinthians 12:9b-10.

How has God shown His power in your weakness? Here goes mine:

My daughter celebrated her four years of sobriety yesterday. She was entrenched in a life of drug addiction and now enjoys a beautiful Spirit-filled and drug free life. I was extremely weak for many years and only through God did He carry me through this experience. It wasn't until I surrendered her back to her real Father in Heaven and took my hands off of the situation that He began a powerful work in her. As I told her yesterday, everything I wanted for her was so much less than what He did through her darkness. I am so thankful that God didn't give me the status quo life for her that I imagined based on my own knowledge but instead gave her the life He wanted for her which surpassed all of my understanding. Through our weakness He was made strong! I share a poem with you that my precious Grandmother Miller wrote in her book, Pilgrimage to the Promised Land.

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
“How can you be so slow?”
“My child,” He said, “What could I do?
You never did let go.”

2 comments:

Benita said...

But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name. John 1:12,

This ministry, annointed and bathed in prayer each morning, will lead others to accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

Thanks much for the work you have started and are doing for others.

Beth B. said...

God is showing His power to me at this very moment during my journey with cancer.

God has comforted me in the darkness of the night when everyone else was asleep. I layed wide awake in physical pain and prayed continually ...Help me Lord..., only to awake in the morning a little more refreshed than before and a little less in pain.

God was there with me that dark long night and is here with me right now.

Praise God!