Monday, November 24, 2008

God is Always on the Clock!

I am always amused by God's timing and how He turns evil to good. In studying the Book of Esther this morning it seems that the edict commanding the leaders of every province to destroy the Jews came out on the 14th day of the first month of the year - the LORD'S passover. It was customary for the Jewish families to recount the story of the exodus with all of the family at the dinner table. They would tell the story in great detail according to Scripture how God had delivered them out of the hands of the Egyptian Pharoah.

Centuries later, as the Jews received the word that Haman, the Persian 2nd in command had orchestrated an order for murder on all Jews they were recounting as tradition how our powerful God had delivered them. What perfect timing for God's chosen people to receive that threat - as they are proclaiming God's faithfulness!

We, too, are to recount past victories that God has brought us through. As we go into the holidays I am recounting past miracles God has performed in our family to hold on to the hope of future miracles for Daddy and Beth.

"Sometimes God uses the winds of a new threat to blow the dust off a past miracle that has moved from our active file into the archives. He who delivered you from a Pharoah can deliver you from any Haman." Beth Moore.

Lift your thankfulness to God for both the seen and unseen miracles He performs in all of our lives.

5 comments:

Don said...

Thanks be to God for loving us so much that it took a trial, a beating, a spear to the side, a hanging on the cross for six gory hours, a Father God who could not bear it all yet knew it was the only way, so that we can have eternal life.

Brenda, thanks so much for everything, and I mean everything. You continually put yourself out for others.

I love you very very very deeply.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving at your house. I appreciate you stepping up to the plate because I don't know if mom could handle it. I was going to take everyone out to lunch somewhere rather than her knock herself out, and wind up a basket case.

I will have to say God has given mom a physcial strength beyond belief. She also is so much stronger spiritually.

Eve Z. said...

Brenda,
I hope you and yours have a very happy Thanksgiving! I love that you are doing the Esther study by Beth Moore, I love her studies and have done a few and taught a few of them myself. Are you doing the workbook only or do you have the dvd's as well. In a group or alone..I get so excited...I will have to order mine today!
Thanks for your ministry, it is always a blessing to me!

Brenda Emmons said...

Eve,

I am so pleased you are "checking in" with ELM. I am doing the audios of Beth Moore - I don't believe the videos are available yet. I hope you recoup from babysitting - I can relate. You guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we love you!

Brenda

Don said...

Brenda, that was a very kind and thoughtful e-mail, particularly with respect to Grandmother and Granddaddy Miller. I miss, or soon will miss Grandmother, unless God intervens. Her body is in the process of shutting down and that is very very sad. However, I look at it as God's way of saying "enough child-come on home" and be with your Heavenly Father and your husband.

Don said...

I still can't get over the tribute. It said everything that needed to be said to describe a loving grandmother. Just think Brenda, she is released from all that pain and suffering, and is resting comfortably in the arms of God, and Dewey O.

You and Bruce are such a real joy to be around, and I love you both dearly.