Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ordained Days

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

These verses are so important to me during this season in the life of my family. Yesterday my mom and dad received a timeline for my dad regarding his cancer in an effort to determine whether he wanted to take treatment. Earlier this year, my sister was given a timeline for her cancer.

Our earthly minds and hearts carry these timelines right on the surface and tempt us to accept this "educated guess" instead of remembering that we were wonderfully and fearfully made according to the timeline of our Creator and only He has determined how many days have been ordained on this earth for each of us.

When the heaviness lays on our hearts let us replace that burden with the words of our Father as He assures us that nothing we experience and endure is random and careless but everything about our life has passed through the filter of God.

3 comments:

Don said...

Brenda, I am feeling a little better right now. I was able to keep down a milkshake, and I don't have the naueous feeling anymore.

I keep praying for continued relief.

Eve Z. said...

Hi Brenda,
I had the opportunity just now to read many of your posts on ELM. You have a true gift for expressing the nature of our Father. It was so good seeing you again last weekend, next time I come up we will have to make some time to spend together too. Call me sometime, 904-860-5777. I would love to hear more about this ministry and will be praying for it.
In Christ,
Eve Z.

Don said...

Brenda, just so you know, Beth had a rough night. Mom has asked about coming to her house today. Beth is to call back and let her know.

Love you.

Dad