Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Setting Our Hope

"On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many" 2 Corinthians 1:9-11.

I am a very "achievement oriented" type of person. I make lists, check it throughout the day and mark off my achievements as they are accomplished. When I "set" my mind on something I also "set" my actions in motion to accomplish the task at hand. These are intentional and conscious decisions with an intended goal in mind.

Such is our decision to "set our hope" on Christ. We must choose deliberately and faithfully to place or lay down our hope in the One who promises to deliver and help us through our seasons. We are to pray with petition and thanks for our fellow pilgrims who are journeying through this life and acknowledge that through our firm faith gracious favors and blessings will be made ours from the Father who loves us more than we can ever fathom!

Father, help me when I am burdened to set my hope on You and thank you for the prayers of many and I ask you to show gracious favor to my brothers and sisters in Christ. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

3 comments:

Don said...

Father, we thank you for the prayers of many responding to Beth's battle against cancer. We set our hope that you will provide healing so that your name will be glorified and lifted up. Father, whatever is your will we thank you.

Don said...

Thanks much to you guys (Brenda & Bruce) in contributing so very much to the "happening" at RHCC. By now I guess Wayne and Kristen are at the airport, and little Kahrington is resting (maybe not) in her grandmothers arms; or grand dads.

Love you guys so very much.

Don said...

My prayer for you and Bruce this day is one of strength to accomplish that which pleases God.

Further, I wish you both the physical strength and mental tenacity (?) to carry out this days activities.

I also pray for Kristen, Wayne, Carson, and Tiffany that the family enjoys their vacation, and hopefully gets some degree of rest and relaxation.