Friday, October 17, 2008

Remembering You

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:3-6.

These were words written by Paul to the church at Philippi. I share Paul's heart this morning through the pages of the Word. My sister continues to suffer with pain through this valley of cancer. One of my sisters exhorted fellow Christians to petition God to send them a portion of Beth's pain if they are led through prayer to do this. There have been responses to this exhortation which has brought some pain to these fellow believers.

These believers have been faithful in prayer since the beginning of this ordeal and in my spirit I know the importance of returning this gift. This morning I shared in prayer time for Beth as always but turned my prayers to the individual needs of those who are praying for us. I lifted both the named and the unnamed up to God for our Father knows the needs of His individual sons and daughters. God desires and pursues individual fellowship on an equal level with each of His children. Every child is guaranteed this intimate and revelation revealing God - it is not reserved for the few but guaranteed to the masses!

Thank you Father for all of my brothers and sisters and I ask for blessings for each knee bowed on behalf of our family! Amen.

5 comments:

Don said...

"So I was encouraged as the hand of the Lord my God was upon me; and I gathered chief men of Israel to go up with me." Ezra 7:27.

Ezra was called upon by God to rebuild the Temple. God has called you Brenda to build upon ELM for future generations to have and to hold.

Love you,

Dad

Don said...

Be willing to move from where you are to where God wants you. Matt.14:22-23.

Be willing to be led by the Holy Spirit. Rom.8:12-14.

Be willing to be accountable to God. Matt.26: 41

Bert Welch, our pastor, sermon on serving God with a willing heart and attitude.

Don said...

Have a safe trip today!!!!!!

Love you guys so much.

Hey did you watch the App game on TV. Mom and I did; let me rephrase. I watched and gave a running commentary to Mom.

See ya.

Don said...

Welcome back from the mountains. I trust y'all accomplished what you set out to do.

Cleaning out is hard; throwing away is impossible. We become creatures of habit which is not a good thing.

See y'all later.

Don said...

Free, free at last.