Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Throne for One


“…thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat.  His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze…The court was seated and the books were open” Daniel 7:9-10.

In picturing the above passage I am completely humbled and awestruck in the beautiful image described.  The thought of God as the ultimate Judge is appealing on so many levels.  This world is not fair…not equal…and can be downright mean. 

This past week I have had many ‘opportunities’ in passing judgment on another.  One of my daughters has been the target of unadulterated meanness…revenge…spite. It is not an exaggeration to state that I wanted to be that person that marched up to that throne and took my seat.  My anger flamed as I watched my daughter undeservingly being placed in an overwhelming situation.  My emotions were all ablaze as I recalled and recounted the infractions to God during my pleas for justice.

When our Father wants to encourage us and comfort our out of control emotions He really delivers.  This morning as my emotions lay raw God took His mighty seat upon that throne of justice and offered me a seat in His court.  He slowly opened His book and gave me the relic I needed to tuck closely to my heart.  He opened His mouth and the words flowed like life into my heart. ‘Nothing in all creation is hidden from My sight.  Everything is uncovered and it all lays bare before My eyes and this man must face me in the future and talk to me about this atrocity against My daughter.’ (My version of Hebrews 4:13)  Then the Ancient of Days looked intensely into my eyes and lovingly said, ‘My child, you do not sit upon this throne.  You do not repay insult with evil, you are my child and through Me you are capable of more.  It is my hand that will discipline and my discipline that will justify.'  The Lord will judge his people.  It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.’ Hebrews 10: 30.

As much as I love my daughter and wish to protect her I am reminded this morning that I am her guardian on earth, but she is the royal daughter of the Ancient of Days who loves her more than I ever could. 

No comments: