Monday, February 10, 2014

A City No Longer Deserted

The LORD has made proclamation to the ends of the earth:  ‘Say to the Daughter of Zion, “See, your Savior comes!”’  They will be called … the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted.” Isaiah 62:11-12.

Leading up to February, 2006 I was living a Christian life but was not living in an intimate relationship with God.  The two are as far apart as east is from west with vast acreage in the middle.  I remember staying home from work with the flu, flipping the television out of boredom.  I began watching a Christian channel which prompted stirring in my heart.  The next day I decided to go out and buy a Bible Study on which to meditate every morning.  Eight years later I am more in love with the Lord than ever before, and in looking back I recognize that He was pursuing me.  My Savior came during that season and called me His daughter.  He redeemed my life and gave me purpose and position in His kingdom.  He relentlessly sought after me, creating His residence in a deserted heart.

" Dear Daughter, do you need a Savior this morning to search and rescue you?  Does your life feel like a city that is deserted…deserted from joy…deserted from all hope?  We are the redeemed of the Lord and must live like we believe it!   My dad’s favorite verse was 1 Peter 2:9 which I recite sometimes in my prayers.  Even on days when my city feels deserted there is great reassurance in God’s proclamation of my position in Him.  But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.’

Whatever darkness you are presently surrounded by, you can be encouraged in your position in God.   As His redeemed and sought after child, your story is showing light in your darkness.  You are part of His city for others to see.  You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden…In the same way, let your light shine before men…and praise your Father in heaven.’ Matthew 5:14.  It is difficult to see light when there is no darkness.  It is in our times of darkness that His light most brightly shines the rays of our position in Him…indwelling of Him…and the sustaining grace promised by Him.  Daughter, where else can you find a better deal?

Love, A City No Longer Deserted"

No comments: