Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Walking Through the Gate

The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out” John 10:20-3.

This morning as I was thinking about the different things to which God has called me I find it interesting that I am where I never dreamed I would be. I had always thought that I would end up in some type of formal women’s ministries like my grandmother. In many ways I am as I counsel in areas of grief, parenting and various challenges. But as I prayed for God to lead me into His plans for my life He opened the gate for On Eagles Wings, a ministry dedicated to the rescue and restoration of young victims of sex trafficking. I never saw it coming as I roamed the spiritual mountainside looking for the gate to the ministry in which I believed I would serve. The Watchman had other plans.  As I was trying to climb over the fence of one ministry He motioned for me to come over to the gate entering On Eagles Wings Ministry. It was very clear that I was to walk through that gate and get involved with that organization. It has been a wonderful experience and I have learned much about faith from their founder. I am still bumbling around in that field for I am new to the cause and feel very undereducated. It seems that God always calls me to things of which I know the least.

Every one of us was created with a purpose…a ministry…a gate to enter and receive our own congregation. Whether your congregation is your family, your vocation or your blog followers God has called you to have a spiritual voice. The people with whom God has surrounded us have been chosen to be in our lives for us to encourage, impact and share our testimonies. Our spiritual pastures provide opportunities of teaching and seasons of learning. We must enter through the gate that God chooses for that is where our success will lie. The pasture may be empty while God is preparing us but we can be confident that He will lead the sheep in once He has developed us. We were created for service and have been called for purpose in the kingdom work of God.

As the Watchman motions you to come over to the gate of His choosing, keep your eyes focused on Him, move faithfully towards the gate and enter His calling. He will show you the way and the pasture will one day be filled with the sheep that look to you for spiritual impact.

God has a perfect plan for every one of us. Pray for guidance and expect direction.

No comments: