Friday, July 11, 2014

A Call to Glory


He called you to this…that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ” 1 Th. 2:14.

I was just positive that God was leading me into women’s ministries at our church.  I had been approached on multiple occasions with the possibility of future opportunities in our church.  I had prayed about it, felt led to it and was even expecting it…it never came…it never happened…it never materialized.  What did happen was more of a Who instead of what…God happened.  He happened to lead me to On Eagles Wings Ministries…He happened to call me into that ministry as He was getting ready to show them His glory by opening up the heavens and blessing them.  He happened to choose me to receive from something I had neither worked for nor deserved.  For the life of me I cannot fathom why I was chosen to share in this wonderful glory between OEW and the Creator.  At times I feel like an intruder trespassing on sacred moments between two parties who have shared amazing moments.  But, I must remember that God in His ultimate wisdom called me to this. 

We cannot question the places where God calls us to join Him.  We can only recognize that we are being invited to experience a perfectly orchestrated plan by a perfect Father.  Some will bring joy and some will bring pain.  Some will bring fear and some will bring faith.  Some will bring gain and some will bring loss.  In this rollercoaster called life the only thing we can truly anchor our faith on is God.  God has been there from the beginning…He is here in the present…He will be faithful in the end.  He is an unchanging God with a relentless love and desire for each of us to transform into the glory of His son, Christ Jesus.  Going on adventure with God is accepting that we will laugh and we will cry…that we will sin and we will be forgiven…that we will expect and we will be disappointed…but that in the end we will believe and we will be reunited with everyone we were ever asked to let go of and share in the fullness of God our Father.

So while I am called to things both heart wrenching and exciting, I will consider it all gain regarding my faith.

For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain’ Philippians 1:21.

No comments: