Thursday, October 30, 2014

Do Not Weep!

Who is worthy…But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could…I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy…Then one…said to me, ‘Do not weep! See, the Lion…the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able…!’” Rev 5:2-5.

Yesterday I was privileged to speak at a Christian Women’s lunch with wonderful ladies including my sweet mother. In explaining the horrendous issue of human trafficking in our country I could see the disbelief and discouragement in the eyes of most of the women. It is incomprehensible that our country would be experiencing such blatant offenses against little children. As I continued to speak I could feel the hopelessness and discouragement in the room rising, including in my own heart. All of a sudden the message from the Lord shot into me like a bullet from heaven, ‘Brenda, remind them that I am able!’ Of course, why didn’t I think to say that? How did I leave out the most powerful part of my speech? I remember that my arm shot up in the air and I began speaking the words God gave me instead of referring to my pages of statistics. God’s message for me to share reminded me of our scripture this morning. ‘Do not weep! Do not despair ladies! See, the Lion… our Christ has triumphed over this evil! HE IS ABLE and HE IS WORTHY!'

This morning my Bible Study confirmed His worthiness and His abilities. ‘Therefore, he is able to save completely…’ Hebrews 7:25. Our passage doesn’t tell us that He can save in some areas but we are left alone in other areas. Paul doesn’t write that Christ partially works in some circumstances, but other offenses are beyond His abilities. He encourages us with truth and confidence that Christ saves completely. It is so interesting how we trust Him for the past (Christ died on the cross for us so we might live), we trust Him for our future (we will join Him in eternity), so why on earth do we forget that we can trust Him in our present? We can trust Him with our finances…we can trust Him with our children…we can trust Him with our marriages. We can trust that He is able and worthy of our trust. On day He will make all wrongs right, and justify all injustices.

So do not weep in your circumstances for there will be a great day of reconciliation and restoration for all of our earthly suffering and wounds. We will be reunited in heaven with those who went before us and triumphed over earth because of the work of the One who is able!

No comments: