Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Confronting Our Pharaohs

Then the LORD said, ‘Get up early in the morning and confront Pharaoh…This is what the LORD says:  Let my people go…I will deal differently in the land…where my people live…I will make a distinction between my people and your people.’”  Ex 8:20-22.

We have all been there and some of you are ‘there’ right now.  You awake only to have the weight of a burden on your mind and heart.  When your eyes open the reality of your circumstances are immediately before you…your situation is your Pharaoh that has the possibility of enslaving you.  Is it a tough and challenging job?  Is it the loss of a loved one?  Is it the inability to become pregnant or no sign of a significant partner?  All of these are pharaohs that must be confronted daily.

The Lord instructs us that if we confront our pharaohs with what He says about the circumstances we will be given everything needed to navigate through our situations.  We are to face our circumstances with God’s word.  We are to believe that God will deal with the details of our situation when we live in the land of trust and faith.  He knows which children belong to Him and can distinguish between those who walk by the Spirit instead of the flesh.  There will always be pharaohs that command our emotions and zap our spiritual energy.  That is why we must rely on God to empower us to speak truth into our circumstances.  These truths are as simply as affirmations from the Word.

God will never leave me nor forsake me in my present situation.

God will give me the daily provisions I need in this experience.

God will rescue me from this temporary wilderness

God will redeem and restore either on earth or in heaven.

God works everything to eventually bless and benefit me.

God is love…always…forever!

If we going to feel the weight of something, let us choose the weight of Glory!

No comments: