Friday, July 12, 2019

Faithful Finishes

“Listen to Me…Who have been upheld by Me from birth…Who have been carried from the womb; Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.” Isaiah 46:3-4.
There is nothing sweeter and purer than a new-born baby in my opinion. I only need to close my eyes and think back 37, 32 and 29 years to remember holding my babies close to my face as infants. The sweet smell of their head…their soft hair that tickled my cheeks as I pulled them to my face…the tiny grunts and sounds that echoed in my ear while they slept on my shoulder. From the time they entered this world until the time I leave this world I will continue to be their constant support and advocate. Nothing they do can separate them from my love and anything they experience in challenge or sadness will be met with my compassion and deep love. I know that you too can close your eyes and recall those beautiful relics of fellowship that have strung together a lifetime of family.
As much as we love…as deeply as we care…as relentless as we are in support for our children God is so much more for them. My commentary has a beautiful explanation of our passage today. It states, ‘The unchangeable God would be there to bear them even as they grew old. God alone would bear (Hb saval, “bear a heavy load”) and deliver (Hb malat, “cause to escape, deliver from danger”). The Study Bible for Women, NKJV, p. 925. From the time God ushered us into this world through the point of time that our hair has thinned or grayed He has placed His hands on every aspect and season of our lives. There has not been even one second when the Lord hasn’t been by our side. Every heavy load He has lightened…and every challenging circumstance He has helped us escape. And even when our loved ones have transitioned into Heaven, we must embrace that they have been delivered from danger in God’s great mercy and grace. If those we love are in Heaven, it is certain that God in His great love for them ushered them out of a dangerous world into an eternal glory as He will us one day. There is no one else on earth who faithfully finishes what they have started with the perfecting touch that God has administered. No matter how lonely you feel…God is right beside you. No matter how heartbroken you are…God is healing your heart. No matter how sick you are…God has promised to give you complete wholeness in health either on earth or in Heaven. He has promised it and God cannot forsake His own promises.

No comments: