Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Heaven's Great Surprise

“My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:2-4

Today marks an exciting day in our little family as it is the half-way point of our daughter’s pregnancy. In 20 more weeks, we will get to welcome our 4th beloved grandchild into our family. Our daughter has been designing the nursery, choosing colors, and purchasing furniture for our little girl to both sleep in and be rocked in. She and her husband have so many desires tucked inside their heart for their little girl’s room to be just right…beautiful…safe…welcoming …loving. This past weekend they went on a short trip up to the mountains with their fur babies and friends. We secretly set up a nursery work weekend with Robbie our son-in-law to surprise Caroline with a completed nursery. We knew the things she wanted for the nursery and we knew what and how to accomplish it. Throughout the weekend, furniture was assembled, a nursery light was hung, walls were painted, and blush and gray baby knick-knacks were dispersed around the room. It is a beautiful room and it felt so wonderful as her parents to bring her plans to reality. When she arrived, we had already left but Robbie took a video of her emotional discovery of what was done for them over the weekend. Yesterday, she told me that she can’t imagine how it will feel to go from walking into an empty nursery for months to walking into the room that houses the life of her little daughter.

This morning as I sit here in the dim light sipping my coffee, I am reminiscing about the last couple of months with all her planning up until Sunday night. I am thanking God that everything we had hoped to accomplish was indeed done. And then the wonder of the Lord came over me with the revelation of His great love for us…His orchestrated plans for us…His blessings upon us. Just as we are only travelers on this earth, we will return Home one day to discover the fulfillment of every desire in our heart. He is meticulously planning, creating, and fulfilling so much in the invisible as we can only dream of the final outcome. Just like the baby nursery, it will be more beautiful than we ever imagined. It will be the safest place in which we have ever lived. Our room is being beautifully prepared each day as God knows the exact time and day when we will return and experience the discovery. He will one day walk into a room filled with our presence after it has sat empty for many years. It will bring Him even more joy to give us everything than it brought me and Bruce this past weekend. Just as God has our little baby protected and growing in a place other than her physical home for now, we too are protected by Him on earth and growing in Him. One day we will walk into the surprise of Heaven and will experience the beauty of all He has prepared for us.

“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” Jeremiah 29:11


No comments: