Sunday, October 9, 2011

Them Bones...Them Bones

“Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.” Psalm 51:8.

My daughter, Kristen is going to be a nurse one day. I get to learn about the body without ever attending class. Her excitement for learning is inspirational and I am grateful for all of those whom choose this field of service.

I was astonished to learn of the number of little bones that make up the hand. There must be many tiny bones that lend to the full function of the hand. If just one of these bones is fractured the ability of the entire hand is compromised. It isn’t until that bone is identified, treated and fully healed that the integrity of the hand returns.

When considering our journey in this life, there will be seasons of fractured bones. I know in my own walk, my bones have had the marrow of pride and the goal of a perfect image. In an effort to increase the effectiveness of my faith, God placed stumbling blocks before me causing me to fall. I caught the fall with my hands which fractured essential bones and non-essential bones for which He never intended me to use. These bones served only a purpose surrounding my flesh…not my faith. God used those weak bones to build stronger bones…bones that serve out of a devotion to God…that seek His approval instead of man’s…bones that don’t care about a worldly image. My bones rejoice in the manner in which He has healed them!

He will break areas in our lives such as our will, agenda and ego. He will reveal fractures in our faith showing us the sins in which we find ourselves so easily entangled. He will identify the weak areas in our lives that need to be treated and fully healed.

After all of the rehab is complete, we will find joy in the healing and gladness in our spirits.

No comments: