Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It Is My Pleasure...

“It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me.” Daniel 4:2

There is nothing more powerful than the testimony of a child of God whom has been brought through the fire by the hand of God’s power. King Nebuchadnezzar spoke these words at the end of a seven year season of insanity due to his pride. God restored what was temporarily removed from his rule at the point when the king acknowledged the sovereignty and exaltation of the one true God in heaven. He went from glorifying himself to glorifying God. God will never share His glory with anyone else.

I traveled through a season that seemed like insanity in my own personal life. It was a time when I believe God allowed Satan to sift me and strip me from everything I believed about myself. Leading up to that horrible season if my words were to be written my verse would have said, ‘It is my pleasure to tell you about the wonders that I have done for …….’ The way I rolled out the tongue like a red carpet for myself sickens me. I praise God for that season of sifting and never want to be that person of pride again.

Pride is one of the hardest conditions of the heart to break. The flesh encourages us to compare, size up and predetermine others. Pride convinces us of our entitlement based on our own accomplishments and achievements. Pride puffs up while humility kneels. And as if this were not enough, the puppeteer of pride is satan. He pulls the strings of our minds and we move to his urgings of prioritizing our hearts to the ‘me first and everyone else second’ mentality. Pride yells "Look at me!" while humility kneels and points to Him.

The essence of giving glory is drawing attention so who do you give glory to?

No comments: