Friday, November 4, 2011

Never Shaken...

“When I felt secure, I said, ‘I will never be shaken.’ O LORD, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed.” Psalm 30: 6-7

One of the most convincing lies from Satan is the manipulation of our minds that we can do all things in our strength, power and wisdom. He sends idea upon idea luring us into calculating without God and running things around in our mind for which we chew on, digest and feed upon. David knew about this when he stated these words. Notice that he assigned his condition of confidence as being a feeling…not a fact.

We can easily be hypnotized by our own feelings assigning ourselves the job of resolving problems so much larger than our abilities. It is only when we assign our mountain to our God that we can assess the steadfast footing of which David speaks. When we determine our own fixes outside of the strength of God we will be despaired at the lack of results. But when we turn our face to the mountain of God we worship Him alone instead of the altars that we set up.

My soul finds rest in God alone…He alone is my rock…he is my fortress. I will never be shaken.’ Psalm 62:1-2. ‘…but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. The words ‘once more’ indicate the removing of what can be shaken – that is, created things – so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.”’ Hebrews 12:26-29.

If anything is to be shaken, let it be the actual mountain instead of our faith in the mountain Mover!

No comments: