Monday, March 12, 2012

I Remember...

“You saw the suffering…you heard their cry…You sent miraculous signs and wonders…You divided the sea... you hurled their pursuers into the depths…By day you led…and by night…to give them light on the way they were to take. You came down…you spoke…you gave them regulations…You made known to them…In their hunger you gave them bread…in their thirst you brought them water…Because of your great compassion you did not abandon in the desert…You gave your good Spirit…You did not withhold…you sustained them…they lacked nothing.” Nehemiah 9:9-21.

For my family, there is nothing more enjoyable than sitting around remembering when …remember when we went camping and….remember the Christmas we…remember when Mother and Daddy took us…remember when they didn’t know…

This passage is no different as the children of God are remembering the enormity of God and how active His work was in their lives and their forefather’s lives. This portion of the prayer is a beautiful prayer of remembrance to honor and glorify God before all people. How we can learn from these prayers in our own lives by filling in our today experiences with yesterday’s examples. In the spirit of the amazing prayers from the past I humbly lift mine in example. I encourage you to do the same.

Lord, I remember when you saw my suffering when I was caregiving for my sweet father-in-law with Alzheimer’s. I remember the morning you heard me when I was on my knees begging you to intervene. I remember that morning as you met me on my knees in the loft and softly whispered, ‘Call Hospice today.’ I remember how you used that wonderful organization to divide him from his disease and took him home to complete healing. I remember how in my hunger of grief you gave me comfort and filled me up with your presence. I remember that because of your compassion you did not judge or abandon me in the months leading up to this time. I remember your sweet sustenance in the months that followed as you lavished upon me your love and healing grace. I remember because of You I LACKED NOTHING! Lord, I remember …Amen

The past activity of God in our lives should always be recounted in our present prayers and testimonies as we remember His faithfulness and His wonders.

No comments: