Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tossing & Turning


The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Phil. 4:6-7.

Anytime I am led to the same Scripture in one day I know to stop and meditate on that verse.  It is one of the wonderful ways that God communicates with me.  The passage above was given to me twice this morning.  With this being one of the most well-known passages it is easy to skim over it with familiarity but miss out on fresh blessings and revelations.  I am so grateful that I didn’t just read it with my mind but with my heart this morning.

I am involved in the planning of a Heartwarming Event for On Eagles Wings Ministries to furnish the Hope House, a home for the healing of rescued girls from sex trafficking.  As the Event is nearing I find myself dwelling on challenging aspects during the night when I should be sleeping.  Last night, as I laid my head on the pillow I thanked the Lord for involving me in this ministry and the event.  I asked Him to please turn off my mind and let me have a restful night’s sleep.  I was so pleased to experience a good night’s sleep without laying there awake for hours like other nights.  It wasn’t until this morning with these verses that I realized my heart had prayed this passage last night and our Father had answered the prayer.  I wrote down my prayer this morning applying the event to this passage and realized at the end of my prayer He had already answered it.  It was through my request and laying down my anxieties last night that He activated His peace.  It was His peace that guarded my mind from fearful thoughts allowing me to rest in Him.

We all have a Father that wants to activate every one of His promises in our lives.  When God promises peace He wants to give it to us.  When God promises comfort we must simply reach out for it.  When God promises His wisdom we must stretch our minds to receive it.  The completeness of Christ is always there for every circumstance and our part is to give thanks, ask, believe and receive.

But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does” James 1:6-8.

I am so thankful that we have a stable and sharing God who wants the very best for all of us in every situation.

No comments: