Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Spiritual Boxing


And Jesus said to him, 'If You can?  All things are possible to him who believes.’ Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, ‘I do believe; help my unbelief.’” Mark 9:24

Many of us might judge this father and not understand his statement.  It seems like two opposing thoughts worked their way into words.  At first glance it seems silly for one statement to follow the next but on any given day we find ourselves with competing beliefs…opposite fighters in the spiritual boxing ring.

I truly believe that the sun is going to rise, but do I believe that my trying circumstances are really for my good?  I am confident that the moon will reflect but do I really believe that God is handling my children’s problems?  I know beyond knowing that the flowers will bloom again in the spring but do I have faith that all of my needs will be taken care of through the winter?  I emphatically believe God for my eternity, but do I trust Him for my life here?  Oh Lord, we believe but help our unbelief!

What are you facing this morning that is your I do believe but help my unbelief situation?  What opposing thoughts seem to negate your faith for provisions, peace and promise?  It is only through affirming the abilities and wonders of God that we position ourselves in battling these negative thoughts.  When they creep into our mental boxing ring, we must take hold of them and disable their destruction.

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ’ 2 Co 10:5.

 

No comments: