Thursday, December 19, 2013

No Red Remains


"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like woolIsaiah 1:18.  “I, even I, am he that blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and will not remember your sins” Isaiah 43:25.

My first job out of college was working for the Clerk of Court in the room where huge volumes were maintained for deeds, mortgages and property liens.  It was where all land transactions were kept.  It was an intimidating room as the door was a thick metal combination vault door similar to vaults in a bank.  One of my responsibilities was to record when someone paid off a property lien.  The manner in which this was accomplished was with a bottle of White Out.  The lien was originally written in red to stand out but my job was to ‘blot out’ the red information with the white liquid.  While there was evidence of the white, no red remained.  It didn’t matter how hard someone tried no one could read what the former debt was – it was covered in white.

As I type this with a lump in my throat I visualize us all having spiritual vaults with past sins and transactions recorded.  I can see our sweet Christ Jesus with the combination to the room standing at the door smiling…turning the combination with scarred hands…delighted to find that volume and blot out that debt.  He knows that after the white of the Lamb covers up the red of the debt He will never open that volume again…no need…forgiven…settled…debt paid.   

My heart is overwhelmed with the sacred settling of our sins by our Savior.  He tenderly calls, ‘Come now, Brenda and let us settle your secret spending.  Let us work together and settle your unforgiveness towards that person.  Let us partner in giving that situation and person mercy.’  And in the strength of my Savior we settled the matter.  He took His white flowing liquid and covered the red and…

no red remains!  Those past sins are remembered no more. May you be encouraged that whatever has been done can be settled in Him…reconciled with Him…and justified by Him.

No comments: