Tuesday, December 10, 2013

See-Through Christians

Don’t be afraid.   Am I in the place of God?  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done…So then, don’t be afraid.  I will provide for you…” Genesis 50:19-21.

I just need to emphatically say that prayer and Scripture are alive and well!  I have been asked to speak at a women’s conference early next year which always leaves me feeling insecure.  I had originally thought I would tweak a previous speech, but after reading it I was disappointed that it didn’t fit the day as well as I had thought.  Through the night the devil began attacking me with his mean words…you will not be relevant… you must have been crazy to accept this…you have nothing since that speech won’t work.  I began praying to God that He would give me an anchor word…a phrase for the conference …anything!

I would love to say that my prayers were immediately answered but they were not.  I felt as if I wrestled in my mind…with my mind…despite my mind throughout the entire night until around 3:00.  All of a sudden, the Lord dropped the phrase into my heart.  My spirit caught on fire and my mind was racing!  It is the most beautiful topic and one that I have experience with.  It will involve me being totally transparent with over 100 women bearing the thing in life I am most ashamed… secret spending.  But I know for there to be power in our testimonies there must be transparency in our words.

We all walk this earth wounded and bruised.  We have sinned and will sin again, but God is faithful in forgiveness and redemption in our secret places.  He will teach us how to take the thing that has plagued us our entire life and gain victory over it.  He cannot use our weaknesses until we have submitted them to Him.  Whatever weakness we struggle with cannot be a testimony until we have put in place the accountability and spiritual strategies required.  When considering our weaknesses we must make promises to God in controlling them and keep those promises.  How can we expect God to keep His promises if we are unwilling to live out our promises?  We must be both self-disciplined and transparent for our testimonies to be authentic and relative.

Lord, thank you for taking the evil things of this world and turning them to the good things to further Your message.  May we all become both accountable to You in our weaknesses and transparent in our lives to serve others.  In your faithful name, Amen!

No comments: