Thursday, April 24, 2014

Under the Columns

I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day” Exodus 16:4.

While the Israelites were wandering in the desert they were promised God’s daily provision. The catch was if they concerned themselves with getting enough food for more than that day it would spoil and be unhealthy the following day. His strict orders of only being concerned with the hunger of that day alone are still the same for you and for me.

Our family finds ourselves deep in the wilderness as we face many unknowns and dissect various ‘what-ifs.’ There is a volatile situation that accompanies our journey full of instability and uncertainty. Over the past few days I have sensed the Holy Spirit reminding me of Matthew 11:23, and encouraging me to claim on Christ’s authority power over this situation. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.” My mind was so frazzled through the night I couldn't even think of a Bible verse to settle my thoughts. But this morning during my prayers I once again claimed authority based on this verse of the situation which is upon us today. Once my prayer time was over I opened up my Bible study and my exhaustion was met by His excellence! There was that same verse anchoring my Bible study this morning…manna for my day…my daily bread. I was flooded with the love and confidence of my mountain and expect it to find itself at the bottom of the sea by the end of the day.

Not only do we have all of God in our situation but He has given us the rest of the Trinity. I’ve never noticed that the end of Romans 8 and the beginning of Romans 9 stand as columns bearing both the responsibility and the weight of our suffering. Romans 8:26 states: ‘…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.’ Romans 9:34 states: ‘Christ Jesus…is at the right hand of God, and is also interceded for us.’ So with the Holy Spirit whispering in one ear and Christ whispering in the other ear of God, I sit under the columns of the great Trinity. I will feast on the bread that He has given me as I claim this mountain to crumble into the sea.

Whatever you are facing today, face it with faith… whatever you need for tomorrow, trust God will be there when you arrive. Devote yourself to the Lord in Scripture and prayer and allow the Trinity to minister to your soul.

No comments: