Monday, December 1, 2014

Inhabited Hearts


For this is what the LORD says – he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited – he says:   ‘I am the LORD, and there is no other” Isaiah 45:18.
 
From the very onset of time until this very second God has been creating, fashioning and founding new creations.  How limited our perception can be when considering the creation.  I believe that sometimes we think God created this vast place then sat down on His throne to rule over it.  We serve a God who is mobile, not sedentary.  The Bible even gives us this amazing image of His throne having wheels which I’m sure has a more symbolic meaning than what I infer.  However, in all of God’s creations whether it is a place, a set of circumstances or a person, we know that God created it to be filled…inhabited…lived in.
 
When I consider God the Creator I know that I must empty my heart of my own agenda and will if I am to make space for the Lord.  He didn’t create me to crowd Him out of my day to day.  He created each of us to fellowship with Him daily, inviting Him in to reside in our hearts and minds.  He inhabits our hearts…He inhabits our circumstances…He inhabits our journey to our future…He is in everything and reigns in all things.  By pushing Him away or failing to build intimacy with Him we miss out on some of His greatest blessings, not to mention His perfect plan for our lives.
 
May each of us go into this wonderful Christmas season with God reigning in our hearts, Christ forever on our mind and the Holy Spirit guiding our days.

No comments: