Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Re-creation of Creation

In the beginning, God…Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.” Genesis 1:1-4.

This is one of my favorite passages and is the anchor of everything that has happened, is presently happening and what is to happen in the future. It is the creative work of God that continously cycles back around. I was considering these words this morning as it relates to my birth. It is a beautiful image to understand that ‘in my beginning’ He spoke me into existence and I laid in perfect darkness for 9 months. He hovered over my life, watching me develop into His daughter. Then at His command, He ordained my day of birth. As he commanded light to separate from darkness I entered this world. It was at that moment I left the perfect darkness, saw light for the first time and had to live in a world with imperfect darkness.

Fast forward to age 46 when God spoke His life-giving words over me again. This time He called me out of imperfect darkness…those areas in my heart that were sin-hardened. Once again, He commended His light to come into being, exposing my darkness and revealing places that were not attitudes and behaviors of the Spirit. He began His Psalm 119:130 campaign in my heart and mind. ‘The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.’ The simple is regarding that childlike understanding and spiritual judgment not yet matured. Through many daunting and painful experiences, He unfolded new understanding of His desires for me. The term 'unfolding' in this verse relates to God’s revelation, interpretation and sanctification (transforming of our hearts). It is through this creative work of God, Christ and the Holy Spirit that Light is separated from darkness…truth from lies.

God determines when each of us has a new set of circumstances that will unfold before us…new beginnings. He speaks situations into our lives that He will use to separate light from darkness. He continues to this day to hover over our lives and ‘call into being what wasn’t there before.’ He never rests…He is never content with who we are…He will continue to create…to separate…to illuminate. It is our responsibility to receive His revelations, meditate on His interpretation, and allow it to transform our hearts and minds. Through this we can impact our world around us.

“For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.” 2 Co 4:6.

No comments: