Monday, November 6, 2017

Meant To Be...

Then the Lord said… ‘I know about their sufferings, and I have come down to rescue them…and to bring them from the land to a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey…therefore, go. I am sending you.” Ex 3:7-10.

My daughter Caroline has a wedding planning business called Mint to Be. She is an extremely hard little worker, and is very good at what she does. On different occasions she has invited me to join her and work alongside of her. I know that she can accomplish what is required on her own, but I believe that she delights in spending time with me. She could have asked anyone to join her in accomplishing what was required, or she could have just worked alone and done it herself. But I am so grateful that she invited me to work with her to accomplish the beautiful things that needed to be done before her clients’ weddings. At the end of the evening, I felt such joy to have been a part of something beautiful, along with spending so much time with her. It was such a blessing to see how she worked for the benefit of others, along with the love I have of spending time with my children. I feel like this is the emotional exchange we get when God invites us to join Him in the activities He has chosen.

Our passage tells us that God had already identified the future accomplishment (to rescue), had already invaded the situation (He came down), and stated the blessing (to move them from a land to a better land). Just like Caroline didn’t really need my help, she wanted to spend time with me while accomplishing her goal. I know that anytime God has involved me in His purposes, it has been a good and sweet land of fellowship, joy and satisfaction. God doesn’t need us but wants us…God has the power to accomplish without us but wants to fellowship with us. Some of the things Caroline wanted me to do were more difficult at my age than years past, but I was happy to do it. I fully understood that she didn’t want shortcuts, but wanted full beauty at the end of the day.

God will call us to partner with Him in easy things, challenging things, heartbreaking things and exhilarating things. It is up to us to position our hearts and spirits to understand to what He is calling us to accomplish in Him. ‘Shortcuts are not usually God’s way. He puts extraordinary tasks on the plates of ordinary people so that ordinary people can see what an extraordinary God can do through them.Discerning the Voice of God, Priscilla Shirer, p. 157. We were meant to fellowship with God. We were meant to join Him in His work. We were not meant to be in isolation but in community with Him. We were meant to be His workmanship and His instrument to accomplish GREAT things through Him. We were meant to be His!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil 4:13

No comments: