Wednesday, December 13, 2017

You Is Good...You Is Kind...You Is God



"And he said, ‘Please, show me Your glory.’ Then He said, ‘I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you…’ And the LORD said, ‘Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back...’” Exodus 33:18-23

Have you ever felt like your life was at a standstill…frozen in time…silence from heaven…longing for something to change? Maybe it is a new relationship to appear…an old relationship to be restored…an illness to be healed…a job to be found…a mind to be at rest. I hear the heart cry of Moses in our passage this morning when he cried ‘Please, show me your glory.’ He wanted to see God in his circumstances…He wanted to witness the power of God to act in his situation. His plea to see God could have been out of frustration of not seeing His movement...not hearing His plan. I know for me and Bruce, we have been waiting on God to reveal His plan in a certain area. We have been asking for His glory to light our path in making our decisions. But God has placed us in the cleft of the rock as He is on the outside working for our benefit. What is silent to us is activity for Him.

So, like Moses what we do with that? What do we say when we are hidden away in the rock waiting on Him to accomplish the very thing our hearts are asking for? How do we find peace in a place that feels a little chaotic? We remind ourselves of how faithful He is. We bear witness through the stories of the Bible that He reveals Himself over and over since the beginning of time. We challenge ourselves to see Him for the great and good Father He is even when we cannot feel His presence. We turn our prayers into highlighting His character, ‘Father, you are good…you are sovereign…you are faithful…you are present…you are mighty and able to bring our desires and petitions into perfect alignment with your will…You are everything needed for life and godliness.’

Sometimes, until He has passed by and orchestrated all the details to answer our prayers, He will hide the mystery of the journey that got us there. But until then we must be reminded through His word, prayer and meditation that we are loved…we are chosen…we are held…we are remembered…we are His!


No comments: