Monday, June 2, 2008

Deep Waters

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. ( 2 Samuel 22:17-20)

This was David's prayer to God after the Lord delivered him from the hands of his enemies and the hand of Saul. We all face deep waters and need to be rescued. It is when we acknowledge that we cannot save ourselves from our disasters but must surrender our own strength and be carried into a spacious place. Not only do we delight in the Lord but He delights in us. When my daughter was addicted to drugs I was definately drowning in my circumstances. As hard as I fought to make my way back to the surface for a desperate breath of air it was only cut short as I quickly began sinking again. It is now that I realize my "spacious place" is the Living Waters. He is the Living Waters. I have always known who God was but never really knew who He was for me. I had walked beside the shore of the Living Waters my entire life kicking shells back into the water. I had occasionally “waded” in the Living Waters when the heat got too much but I have just recently dived into the Waters for complete satisfaction. I have witnessed the great power of the Living Waters in the lives of others from the shore but now I am abiding in the Waters with the shore in the distance. I hope to stay drenched and encourage others to get wet!

How deep do you reside in the Living Waters? It is never too late to go deeper!

3 comments:

Benita said...

God to Jeremiah saying "But this is what I commanded them "obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you. Jer. 7: 23.

Sometimes that walk is through deep waters and we lose confidence that God will pick us up and carry us through to higher ground. But praise His Holy Name he gives us these promises "I will never leave you nor forsake you...The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.
Heb.13:5b-6a

Benita said...

Praise be to God for the continuing healing of cancer for our daughter Beth Beatham.

God has carried her through the deep waters and up the mountainside to glorious heights.

Benita said...

Thanks Brenda in all that you do for the Miller, Beatham, and Emmons families!!

Rest assured Emerging Life Ministries will continue to grow as more and more people learn of the healing balm of the GREAT I AM.

My prayer for you today is continued leading of the Holy Spirit to accomplish that which pleases Him.