Friday, June 20, 2008

Shattered Dreams

I don't have but a minute because I am taking my dear sister Beth to chemo. It was a rough day yesterday and hopefully better today. I read something this morning I would like to leave as my post. It is a quote from Ken Gire, The North Face of God.

"When suffering shatters the carefully kept vase that is our lives, God stoops to pick up the pieces. But he doesn't put them back together as a restoration project patterned after our former selves. Instead, he sifts through the rubble and selects some of the shards as raw material for another project - a mosaic that tells the story of redemption."

This supports my belief that everything that comes to us passes through God's filter and He will not allow anything that doesn't support His purpose for us. He selects what pieces of our lives need to be removed, reworked and restored. If we allow Him, he will create a new "vase" in us - one of beauty, purpose and one that displays the reflection of Christ in our lives.

1 comment:

Don said...

Psalm 126 talks about "Sow in Tears...Reap in Joy". This particular passage talks about those who were in captivity and brought back.

"WHEN THE LORD BROUGHT BACK THE CAPTIVITY OF ZION, WE WERE LIKE THOSE IN A DREAM. THEN OUR MOUTH WAS FILLED WITH LAUGHTER, AND OUR TONGUE WITH SINGING". vs:1-2a

Shattered Dreams can cause us to realize that our plans, hopes, and desires come about because God created us to be Christlike.

I HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST; IT IS NO LONGER I WHO LIVE, BUT CHRIST WHO LIVES IN ME; AND THE LIFE WHICH I NOW LIVE IN THE FLESH I LIVE BY FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD, WHO LOVED ME AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME. Gal.2:20

My Father, help me this day to be more Christlike in everything I think, say, or do.