Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Father's Perfect Plan

“The word of the LORD came to me saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;” Jeremiah 1:4

Each of my children was planned and loved in thought before they were ever born. I had thought of having children since I was a little girl and knew that someday I would be a mommy. It was a plan I had more for myself than for my children.

God knows each of us and our children spiritually before we are ever formed physically. He has known us, loved us and set us apart for a divine purpose – a purpose for us alone to accomplish in His kingdom. This passage is dear to me as it removes the random placement of babies in the world. Each baby is specifically chosen and set apart from the Creator of the universe to accomplish something holy and unique that only that child can accomplish. The importance of every child coming into this world is ordained before conception ever occurs. Every child has a place in His kingdom and is royalty. No one child’s crown is any shinier than the other and no child’s service is exalted any higher.

I remember seeing my children on a screen of an ultrasound and loving them first in that form. There was no love returned at that point but a one-sided love until that child grew into the fellowship of the love we shared. That is how the love of God begins…His love for us is first and complete without any participation from us. It is the basis for which we begin and we grow towards Him in understanding, reciprocated love and fulfilled purpose. He has set us apart before our formation and the responsibility lies within us to pursue His foreknown purpose.

We were all created with spiritual puzzle pieces that when perfectly placed together form a Christ-like image of beauty, love and purpose. Our picture begins to come into focus and reveal the image for which we were born into this temporary place called earth. Once the earthly puzzle is complete God will bring us to our heavenly home in His kingdom and we will enjoy ‘living like royalty.’

Whether you are grieving the loss of a loved one or expecting the birth of a sweet one, take comfort in Psalm 139:13-17 as I do:

'You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!'

There is neither birth nor death that has not be ordained and perfectly planned by a perfect Father.

No comments: