Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Arm of Flesh

When Hezekiah saw that Sennacherib had come and that he intended to make war…Then he worked hard repairing all the broken sections of the wall and building towers on it… ‘Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of…for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles.’” 2 Ch. 32:2, 5, 7-8.

Hezekiah was a king whom had proven himself worthy to be called a servant of God. He had removed the high places and altars of false gods in the City of David. He returned God to the central focus of the City and began to rebuild Judah and Jerusalem. He knew the price that God’s chosen people had paid due to the worship of false gods. He was determined to rebuild and protect.

My life has been peppered with the high places of focus that did not include Christ. Altars were built and offerings were sacrificed only to realize they offered nothing back to me. Through the last three years I have been broken on so many occasions due to circumstances, but like Hezekiah, I am in the process of repairing broken sections and fortifying strong watchtowers over my life.

No matter what battles I see on the horizon there are the beautiful promises of God. He tells me that no circumstance will enter into my life before passing through His hands. He tells me to be brave and to live in encouragement since His power dwells within. He convinces me daily that what is of the world is diluted compared to the full strength of Him in my life.

He reminds me that He has put me out of reach from the ‘arm of flesh.’ My adversities may burn and bend me but they will not destroy me, for the hand of God is much greater than the weak arm of flesh.

No comments: