Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Planted By The Water

“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in the year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8

This passage has such an anchoring meaning in my life as it was the passage that God gave me in setting up Emerging Life Ministries. The older I become the more I see how fluid our faith should be. Our faith should always be open to movement, testing, growing and transforming. Our dependency on anything is bound and anchored by our trust in whatever we feel can carry and delivery us. Once that dependency falls short, we move into another area of trust over another substitute for God.

It isn’t until we base our trust in the LORD, who never fails us, that we really begin living divine destinies for which He created each of us. As I look over my life I realize that the deepest and darkest valleys were the times when He was the most faithful, the most trustworthy and the only sustaining force in all of my suffering.

Life will always plant us by the streams of adversity but God will not fail us in nourishing our faith in the dark times. I do not have to fear the trials and storms in my future because He has been faithful and mighty to save in my past. For every tear and every sorrow I have experienced, I have shed another layer of earthly flesh enabling me to see the spiritual beauty that God was creating in my life. I only have to anchor my trust and confidence in Him so I can continue to bear fruit apart from my circumstances.

Trust in the LORD in all things and all times and you will come in for the blessing!

No comments: