Friday, February 25, 2011

Goings and Comings

“He brought us out from there to bring us in and give us the land that he promised on oath to our forefathers.” Deut. 6:23.

If you have never read Chapter 3 of Joshua you will be blessed to take in every word as drips of honey. Leading up to this chapter, the Israelites have roamed in the wilderness for 40 years. They had known of God’s promise to deliver them to their promised land which kept getting delayed, due to the lack of faith in God on the part of the Israelites. They had burned their feet on the sand, avoided venomous snakes and scorpions and had fed on nothing but manna day after day. Finally, the time had come and they were getting ready to cross into the promised land.

God gave specific commands prior to the crossing which were requirements to receive all that was promised. They followed the commands to the letter and were the recipients of a land flowing of milk and honey. A land of abundance and blessings was their's based upon their obedience to God and their willingness to believe in His promises.

I am in holy awe as I stand in the middle of my Jordan and realize that God is marching me across dry land to claim His promises of a new land. It is a land that I approach with my arms full of God’s revelations. I will not embark upon its shores empty handed, nor will I ever forget the weariness the wanderings left in my soul. I will find my fresh berries of blessings in its land and will praise God for the fruit. While I will respect the vast and waterless desert from which I came I will not focus on all that was taken.

I know that anything God removed from me ‘out there’ will be replaced by Him on the shores on my new land. He had to bring me out of myself before He could bring me into Him. All the promises are based in Him when we believe that the wilderness is about more than merely surviving. It is about relinquishing and regaining what He has asked us to take hold of in triumphal victory. 'No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.' Romans 8:37.


He brought us out…to bring us in… and give us the land He promised! Thank you Lord!

No comments: