Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Hero Who Heals

“‘This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel’ declares the Lord. ‘I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor…because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.’” Heb. 8:10-11

God kept His promise to me and He will keep His promise to you. God’s covenant with His children was…is…and will be. We can each know God in our intellect through the faith of others. We can witness how He moves in the midst of the lives of others but until we have our own defining moment and crisis of belief we cannot know Him with our hearts.

I had the privilege of growing up in a family that kept Christ at the center. I was given powerful intellectual truths about God early in life but really didn’t know God until much later in my adult life. It wasn’t until God set up circumstances that made me completely dependent upon Him that His character and faithfulness were written in my heart. When God heals the pain and suffering of our heart, we will not be able to forget the Hero who healed. It is through these ‘deep cuts and healing’ encounters with God which moves Him from the intellect to the heart.

Every one of us, from the least to the greatest, will experience God in both mind (our knowledge of God) and heart (our encounters with God) – it is His guarantee.

We cannot apply a God we do not know to a wound we cannot heal.

No comments: