Thursday, December 27, 2012

Languages of the Spirit


All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them” Acts 2:4.

All of them referred to every believer who had gathered together in the name of Christ Jesus after He had ascended into Heaven.  Through the filling of the Holy Spirit they were given special and unique gifts in spreading the message of Christ.  It wasn’t until they had the Spirit’s power that their gifts were recognized.  My commentary states that tongues translate into different languages.  They began speaking the language understood by those people to whom they were called to minister. 

The same is true today.  After navigating through my daughter’s drug use and the terminal illnesses of family members, I feel that the Holy Spirit has given me opportunities to speak the language of surviving both.  He continuously places people in my path with whom my heart communicates in similar challenges.  It wasn’t until I began seeking the purpose of God for my life that I felt the Holy Spirit moving in me, guiding and prompting me.  It never ceases to amaze me that in my little sphere of influence, God sends opportunities to speak my heart language to another.

What is your spiritual language that the Holy Spirit is calling you to speak?  Are you responding to the prompting of His guidance and nudging to start a conversation with others heart to heart?  Just because we are good at one thing doesn’t mean we are not called to an additional calling.  Most of us wouldn’t choose our calling, because it is usually something that was painful for us.  We are to use past pain as future testimony through the sustaining grace of God.  Our experiences cannot be in vain when it comes to the spiritual impact our circumstances can have on others.  We must speak the language that God has placed in our hearts as He surrounds us with those hungry hearts and longing souls.

And all of them were filled…

No comments: