Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life's Remedy


“The LORD, the God of their fathers, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because he had pity on his people…But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the LORD was against his people and there was no remedy.  He brought up against them…God handed all of them over…” 2 Chronicles 35:15-17.

I only have to look at my own life to witness God’s patience.  It wasn’t until I turned my heart to God almost seven years ago when I realized the measure of His love.  I grew up being a Christian but my flesh kept both hands tied behind my back.  My spiritual progress was next to nothing and my heart was bent on this world.   I believe that God saw the challenges that were soon to be mine, had pity on me for what I would soon experience, and called me to His heart.  There is no doubt that leading up to that time, many of His messengers had been sent to invite me into relationship with Him.  My spiritual eyes didn’t notice their message and my ears didn’t hear their words.  Faithfully, God called me into intimacy before I was given over to my painful circumstances.  God was my remedy and still is.

We all live on earthly soil but the spiritual realm is all around us.  God didn’t sacrifice His only Son just for our salvation.  He is not sitting on His throne biding time until we get to Heaven.  He is equally, if not primarily, concerned with our earthly walk since we are His hands and feet.  He ordained our lives to have purpose in the spiritual world and His messengers will be sent to confirm, guide and reveal His will.   God will use us to bring others into reconciliation with Him as we become instruments for His purposes.  His love is deep and His patience is long but there is an end to what He will tolerate.  He will pursue…entreat…invite again and again but at some point He knows that the only way to intimacy with some is through brokenness.  Whether we become His through choice or through brokenness we are returned to love and restoration.

The remedy was wrapped in swaddling clothes…the remedy helped His dad build…the remedy was found at 12 years old in the temple…the remedy was sinless…the remedy was sacrificed…the remedy sat up from death and transcended into Heaven for you and for me.
 
This Remedy is the cure for everything!

No comments: