Friday, May 24, 2013

All The Little Children of the World


In love he predestined us…in accordance with his pleasure and will” Eph. 1:5.  “The LORD your God is with you…He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing” Zeph. 3:17.

I cannot remember a time on this earth when I didn’t think about being a mother one day.  Even as a small child I can remember loving my dolls and pretending they were my children.  After I married it was one of the first things on my mind.  I was now positioned to fulfill the desire of my heart – to have a baby and become a mother.  I planned for my babies each time and waited for each of their arrivals with great excitement.  It was my pleasure and delight to hold them, protect them, sacrifice for them and gently rock and comfort them.  I can remember when they would cry during the night and I would go to them.  There was something so precious about parent and child alone in the dark…one needing while the other providing. 

We have a loving Father who planned for us before we were even conceived.  In love He created us and placed Himself within us.  In delight He blesses each of us with the wonderful things He has chosen for us.  In comfort He quiets our anxieties when we cry out to Him in the dark.  He gently rocks us in our spirit lulling us back into His peace and confidence. 

If we could only allow Him to father us in the same manner our children allow us we would always feel the love and protection in all circumstances.  He is there waiting to tenderly comfort…waiting to love…wanting to bless. 

“And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them” Mark 10:16.

No comments: