Monday, January 20, 2014

Shaken and Removed


Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!” Luke 1:45.

I cannot imagine many things for a woman more devastating than infertility.  I have a family member who has tried everything over the past three years to no avail.  I also have a family member who is very young in years and is going to be a teen mother.  What do we do with all of this when trying to reconcile matters of the heart?  Two other women experienced this parallel…Mary, the young unmarried teen who was asked to carry the child of God.  The other was Elizabeth, advanced in age and worn out from her unanswered prayers of a pregnancy.  Both sought God for answers, fears, His way and His will.  At the proper time, the ways of God were realized by both women.  They believed in the goodness of God and that whatever situation they were in was the orchestrated will and way of their Father.  That doesn’t mean that either had an easy journey, but they had more…they had God.

My Bible Study this morning speaks to the ways of God.  We read Isaiah 55:8-11 but do we really believe?  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts…so is my word that goes out from my mouth:  It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.’ When we are waiting on God to move we feel like our prayers are coming back empty.  Since we feel that nothing is happening we believe that nothing is happening.  Since we feel we are in limbo regarding our dreams we perceive a lack of activity on God’s part.  We wait…we wonder…we doubt…we miss the blessing.  Many times the miracle is the peace in the journey while we wait instead of the actual outcome.  When we see that there is no reason to have peace, and yet we do, He blesses us.  We are blessed because we believe that God is doing a great work in our lives.  We do not measure the progress we may see or don’t see against the activity of God.  Let us just accept that we cannot understand God’s ways but He will bring about His best for each of us, and peace in the journey until we receive it.

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the LORD, who has compassion on you.’ Isaiah 54:10.

No comments: