Tuesday, May 8, 2018

And We Dance

Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him…For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.” Psalm 149:3-4

Have you ever had a time when life was going so smoothly providing beautiful days of joy and laughter, only for something to unexpectedly crash in on you? Suddenly hope is dashed by discouragement and calm is replaced with chaos. Sometimes it could be something as devastating as the death of a love one. Other times it could be circumstances not that dire, but still leaving us feeling abandoned or disillusioned. I describe times like these when something or someone ‘cuts in on our dance.’ It matters not who or what takes our hand and redirects us to a different dance. What matters is that we allowed the situation to turn our back on the partner with whom we were born to dance… God our Father.

This past week I allowed something to cut in on my dance. I allowed a set of circumstances to walk right up on the dance floor, take my hand and lead me to another part of the floor. My emotions spun me around making me dizzy and hard to keep my balance. The music seemed not so beautiful, and the steps felt clumsy and forced. I tried to make sense out of the movement, but my mind and heart were distant from the Partner who normally leads. After a week of dancing to the wrong song I heard in the distance the song that was written just for me by the One whom I left alone on the dance floor. I broke free and humbly waltzed back to Him, and lovingly He straightened my crown, placed my hand back in His and we danced…

So I wonder this morning, has something cut in on your dance?  Has someone pulled you away from the Author of your story?  Whatever happens in your life don’t allow something or someone to cut in on your dance with God. He has orchestrated a beautiful story for the two of you that only you can dance out. There will always be circumstances around the edge of the dance floor waiting for you to take your eyes off Him. When tough circumstances crowd into your life pull God closer, hold His hand tighter, just let Him lead…and dance.


No comments: