Thursday, May 14, 2020

Futile Downloads

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3

I am so excited to finally have a new laptop! I have needed one for quite some time and am thrilled that the computer waits on me now to catch up instead of me having to wait on the computer. I needed to purchase the software and download it onto my computer for word processing among other programs. I certainly didn’t intend on downloading the wrong program but that is exactly what happened. I did not fully understand that Bruce already had a family account with Office 365 and what I paid for was something I already owned. When I called to see if they would refund my money, they were unable to so I am stuck with a download that gets me nowhere. 

Emotional downloads are no different as they have the power to usher in fear that get you nowhere. We certainly pay the price when we download negative thoughts and the only return is fear and despair. I love our morning verse because there is very little in this world that offers perfection. Perfect peace is peace amid chaos not because we can attain it on our own. What makes our peace perfect is God’s faithful track record. He will always reward our trust in Him not necessarily by resolving our challenges but through transforming our fear. God uses troublesome times to expand our trust and teach us how to cling to Him instead of clinging to our circumstances. ‘He downloads the tranquility of the throne room into our world, resulting in inexplicable calm. We should be worried, but we aren’t. We should be upset, but we are comforted. The peace of God transcends all logic, scheming, and efforts to explain it.Anxious for Nothing, Max Lucado, p. 90. 

There is no need for us to go searching for a download because just like Bruce, the price has already been paid for a family account. Every single detail that concerns us is one click away and it is called prayer. When our minds are steadfast, that is firmly fixed in place on God we will receive the only peace in which we can trust. Be careful what you download during this time of confusion, anxiety and uncertainly.

No comments: