Monday, August 11, 2008

Lasting Perfume

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 5:1-2

The more we respect and love someone the more we aspire to become like them. My maternal grandmother was a complete card with her wicked humor and her loving character. Her boistrous laugh and sweet smelling perfume always lingered beyond my visit with her. I would remember funny things she said or did while we were there and the perfume on my clothes once we left her was a warm and loving reminder of the hugs she freely gave. Holdie indeed left her fragrant offering of love on each of her many grandchildren.

The fragrance of Christ also lingers on us and around us the more we are in His presence. We are bathed in His fragrant offerings of love, hope, joy, compassion, etc... and because of His relationship with our Father God accepts the pleasing sacrifice lifted by Christ on our behalf.

We all give off a fragrance based on who we are wrapping ourselves around. Certainly different times in my life I have given off more of an odor than a pleasing aroma based on the way in which I treated people. The only way to share the fragrance of Christ is to wrap your arms around Him and never let go!

5 comments:

Don said...

Dear Lord, I pray for daughter Beth as she receives the MRI results. Whatever the results Father, I ask that you surround Beth with your love and that she feels your presence.

In the sweet name of Jesus, I make this request.

Amen & Amen.

Don said...

Father, I lift up our family that is at the beach this week for rest and relaxation. I pray that each one will sense Your presence in their life and will be filled with joy, contentment and fulfillment.

Don said...

Thank you Dear Lord for an answer to prayer as Daughter Beth feels much better today. You have fulfilled your promise to never leave us or forsake us.

Amen & Amen !!

Don said...

Father, I pray for all of our grandchildren and great grandchildren. Some are returning to college. Some are returning to elementary and middle school. Some are too young for school. But all stand in the need of your love and protection.

I thank you Dear Lord for their parents who strive and have committed their children and grandchildren to knowing You.

Be with each child, grandchild, and great grandchild this day.

In the name of Jesus, I ask these things.

AMEN & AMEN.

Don said...

Father, I pray for safe travel as my family returns from the beach today. Help them to drive defensevly and to feel your presence along each mile of the way.

We ask these things in the sweet name of Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

Amen & Amen !!