Monday, May 9, 2011

Let It Be Done!

“Jesus said to them, ‘Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.” Mark 1:17, NKJV

I never realized the omission of the word ‘become’ in my Bible. It wasn’t until this morning, as I cracked open a new Bible Study, I learned this word was omitted in many translations. My Bible states, ‘…I will make you fishers of men.’ As I put the word ‘become’ back into the text it fills me with good news this morning! It confirms that we are in a constant state of training and transformation in our ministry walk. We are in essence ‘becoming effective in God’s ministries.

When Jesus called the disciples it was an immediate invitation to go with Him and be taught for future ministries. To become was the process of transformation required to be effective in the Kingdom – the same is for us today in our ‘faith in training.’ Throughout the New Testament Jesus rewarded faith with His action over and over again. One example was giving sight to the blind men in Matthew. ‘Have mercy on us, Son of David…and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I can do this?” “Yes, Lord,” Then He touched their eyes, saying ‘Let it be done for you according to your faith!’ And their eyes were opened.’” Matthew 9:27-30. This was faith in training for the disciples – the training was not for the blind men for their faith was immovable.

We must realize in our walk with Christ that we must always be on the lookout for His lessons and revelations regarding the faith of others. Faith speaks loud in action where fear acts out in chaos. God will move in our lives according to our own faith. Where doubt resides peace will not. God will work in our lives and in our Christian ministries according to our faith. He needs bold and courageous people to carry His message to the hurting and lost world.

In the case of the blind men ‘He linked His activity in their lives with their faith, not with their need, their fervency, their sincerity, or their righteousness. Throughout the Gospels Jesus repeatedly emphasized faith as the one requirement for God’s work in people’s lives. The exclusivity of this requirement thunders in no uncertain terms that anyone wanting to see God act must walk by faith.’ By Faith, Living in the Certainty of God’s Reality, p. 14.

As I ‘sit in wait’ for my next advancement into God’s work I will posture my own faith in a position of training and waiting. I must believe by faith that God will move me in His area of ministry designed for me and in His perfect timing. I do not want to place myself in a ministry ahead of my faith – I will fall short. Knowing that Father always knows best I tell Him this morning ‘Let it be done according to my faith!’

No comments: