Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Unseen Hand of God

“Faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

Many times I have experienced discerning God’s will for my life in a shroud of mystery. It seems that I am not alone in this pursuit as I talk to many Christians. My Bible Study has been very helpful in trying to ‘break down’ some of the barriers in this pursuit. While discerning God’s will is not a formula the study has been helpful in recognizing ways in which God moves to accomplish His purposes through us. When God sets a goal for our lives there are four stages to bring it to completion.

Our faith is activated through God speaking a certain word or impression to us. He will always initiate our faith. For me it was when God placed in my heart a writing ministry. This came out of the blue as I began focusing more on Him.

Our faith is enabled through our belief in what God is telling us. Through the process of my writing God told me to complete my 99 year old Grandmother’s book by editing and publishing Pilgrimage to the Promised Land. He was building my faith through this process while He was blessing her by completing a promise He previously gave her.

Our faith is visualized by watching for God’s activity in this process. In the editing and publishing process I watched for God’s intervention and saw what He was accomplishing in both the project and my heart. If I was really spiritually looking for Him, I always witnessed God's activity in this purpose.

Our faith is finalized by the completed work of God. Right before my Grandmother’s 100th birthday her book was published and God’s work in that promise was accomplished.

The three truths in the process that my Bible Study sets out will bless you today as it did me.

- Wherever faith leads you, God will already be there!
- Faith will never ask you to do what God has not equipped you to do.
- Faith will never ask you to give what God Himself will not provide
.

No comments: