Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Expecting a Delivery


Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”  Rev. 3:20 NIV

It used to be that when the FedEx truck would deliver something it didn’t matter where I was in the house, I would hear his knock.  He knew to rap loudly so that I would hear him and open the door.  But as routes have become numerous and work days longer he now walks up the steps, lays down the package, and with one knuckle gives a quick and soft tap.  He doesn’t wait long before he turns and leaves.  Unless I am looking and listening for him, I will miss him. 

One of God’s deepest desires is to intimately fellowship with everyone.  He never intended on just ‘leaving the package on the porch.’  We were created for relationship, not just to exist.  If I want all of the beautiful packages He is trying to deliver in my life, I must be intentional and passionate about spending time with Him.  I must be expectant in seeing Him, tune my ears to hear Him and be in position to receive Him.  If I do these things, I will neither miss Him nor the blessings He is trying to deliver. 

Unlike the FedEx guy, Christ lingers…He keeps knocking until we hear…He will make Himself known to us.  Some know He is knocking but hide behind the curtains until He temporary leaves.  Some don’t want to miss Him but are just not looking for Him.  Some are waiting at the window anticipating His arrival, not wanting to miss the chance to invite Him in.  The amazing message is that Christ will continue to pursue all of us so that He can deliver His best, His all and the full measure of Himself.

Will you let Him in and experience life at its fullest in this temporal existence?

No comments: