Monday, June 16, 2014

What's For Breakfast?


All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” 2 Tim. 3:16.
 
When our children were young most days were spent with at least one essential instruction during the day.  Be nice…be truthful…play well…be careful.’  The commands went on and on but the motivation was pure love.   I am sure that I worried more than I needed to, fussed over things that didn’t require it and spoke more words than ever needed expressed.  Like you, I just wanted to know that I had equipped my children with the things that would help make them a successful adult. 
 
Our Father is no different when considering His plans for you and for me.  He breathed His commands onto the pages of Scripture and into our hearts with His spirit.  Between these two precious gifts we don’t walk this life alone.  We are led breath by breath to experience His nature and discern His wisdom.  I can’t tell you the number of times that He used the same Scripture to encourage me that He used to correct me.  I have been built up by His words, and humbled low by His words.  I have cried over His words and rejoiced in His words.  I have repeated His words to others to build them up, and have received His words from others to be built up.  I have frantically searched for an answer to prayer as if mining for a treasure in a cave.  His words have become life to me and exhilarating in my walk.  When I open my Bible each morning I expect to receive the food He wishes to give me. 
 
He has words to nourish every one of us just as He did Ezekiel.  Son of man…eat and fill your stomach with this scroll I am giving you…go…and speak My words to them’ Ez. 3:1-4.  Before we feed others through our ministries we must feed ourselves to ensure the words that we share truly come under the inspiration of God.  What we speak over others is a result of what we have digested that day.  If we feed on gossip, bitterness, and entitlement then that is what we breathe out.  If we feed on God’s word, His leading, His urgings then we breathe out the very breath of God.  May we all speak as God speaks and serve with the heart that God has.
 
‘If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen’ 1 Peter 4:11.

No comments: