Thursday, November 13, 2014

On Their Minds

But Christ…fully saves and complete...is always living to intercede on their behalf” Hebrews 7:25 (Phillips).  “…because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God” Romans 8:27b.

One of the most spiritual comforts I have is the truth that both Christ and the Holy Spirit are constantly talking to God about me.  That means that they are in a continually state of discussion about my life… decisions I must make…adversities I will face…transformations I will experience.  How can this be that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together speak my name, and I’m constantly on their mind?

 I only have to look at my own children to understand this phenomenon.  There is not an hour that passes when one of my children does not cross my mind.  I think of their jobs, their lives, their challenges, etc…  Bruce and I discuss them constantly and think of ways that we can help them, support them and direct them.  But the similarity stops there as parents for we do not possess the ability to save like our Intercessors possess.  Through the cross, Christ has the power to save and to save fully in every way for all of us who believe.  Through His spirit, we can know the mind of God as it is conveyed to us through the Holy Spirit’s intercession.  While we have love for our children, we lack ability to foresee their future.  While we have knowledge of our children’s lives, we lack wisdom in the unique things they will have to face.  The best thing we can do for our children and grandchildren is to cover them in prayer to the Ones who have all wisdom and power.  They have the answer for every step they must take, and the comfort for every bit of pain they must face.  The Father, Son and Holy Spirit speak their name continuously as well as your name.

We have a reason to celebrate in deep gratitude and humility when faced with the reality that this powerful Deity always has us on their mind and in their hearts.  One of my mother’s favorite songs has powerful lyrics that bless us all.

Though His eyes were on the crowd that day
He looked ahead in time
Cause when He was on the cross
I was on His mind

He knew me, yet He loved me
He whose glory makes the Heaven shine
So unworthy of such mercy
Yet when He was on the cross
I was on His mind”

Songwriters:  Ronnie Hinson, Mike Payne

No comments: