Friday, August 23, 2019

The Guest List


“And Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years, and was gathered to his people” Ge 25:8

I’m so excited about this weekend! Fifteen former classmates have met over the past 13 months preparing for our 40th High School Reunion. We have classmates driving in, flying in and so many more attending the event. Along the way we had snags in the planning, obstacles to overcome and laughter and love…lots of laughter and love. The music will be great! The food will be yummy, and the fellowship will be paramount with 210 people in attendance. I have not seen some of these classmates in over 40 years but thanks to social media we have contact with each other. So many memories I have shared with not only my little God-given group, but with so many amazing fellow classmates. I’m going to miss our committee’s monthly time together, but time and events march on and so will we. But for this weekend I am walking out my joy of the upcoming time with those friends I haven’t seen in forever. $40… a small price to pay to be reunited with those from my past.

There is another gathering that we will all be a part of…the gathering of and the reunions with our people. God is planning every detail along the way…a committee of 3…the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Our admission into Heaven is being planned in meticulous style and I’m confident in my heart that recognition of our loved ones is part of the gift. Just as Peter who had never met Moses and Elijah recognized them as they spoke to Christ; we will also recognize those people we have loved who now reside in Heaven. One of the beautiful truths about being reunited with our families is that it doesn’t cost us anything except belief. Belief that Christ went before us and paid the cost for the reunion. Belief that we are all sinners but Christ who was sinless wrote the check for us on the tree. Belief that God’s power raised His Son from His death and will also raise us. Belief that God reigns over all people and all things and that one day every single knee will bow to Him and each tongue will claim that He is both King and Head of the family.

Now that is an upcoming event which I cannot wrap my mind around. The music will be great, and the surroundings will be beautiful. All are invited…all are welcome…all have a place at the table!

No comments: