Thursday, January 20, 2022

Proving His Nearness

“The Lord will perfect that which concerns me” Psalm 138:8.

For years I had multiple people encourage me to read Redeeming Love which is a novel based on the Book of Hosea in the Bible. I was always intimidated by the thickness of the book thereby returning it unread to its owners several times. Finally, one of my best friends who knows me best coupled with my daughter who absolutely loved this book convinced me I had no choice but to read it which I finally did. It was certainly one of the best books I have ever read. I am so excited that the movie is soon to be released and cannot wait to go and see it. There were so many twists and turns...heartaches and celebrations...failures and victories...fears and relief. I will probably be glad that I know what is getting ready to happen so I can watch it play out in peace and confidence.

Isn’t that how God views our lives when troubles come our way? He not only knows the outcome of our struggles but He has written the story of our entire lives. While we haven’t read the book, He knows which chapter holds the deliverance. He knows how long our challenges will be our companion and the very moment they will be gone. Just like a novel’s climax, He is well aware of our anxieties and fears as we face certain circumstances. But with the story that He has written for each of our lives, it is met with His love, concern, and faithfulness. God knows exactly what is needed to perfect our lives...to grow in our faith...to deepen our relationship with Him. ‘God uses struggles to toughen our spiritual skin...One of God’s cures for weak faith? A good, healthy struggle...God guards those who turn to him. The pounding you feel does not suggest his distance but proves his nearness.’ Begin Again, Max Lucado, p. 61-62.

When sitting in the movies we don’t jump up and run out when things get difficult for the characters. We sit in the darkness, anticipate the resolve, and trust that the writer has written a great plot. We can depend on the faithfulness of our Writer every single time. And because He is Lord, ‘He will be the stability of your times’ Psalm 56:3. 




No comments: