Monday, July 14, 2008

Head On Collisions!

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:23.

To swerve is to veer, detour and change direction. When adversity strikes we are tempted to not face it head on with God but to find a way to go around and avoid it. I remember when my son was five years old he had lied to me and my mother asked him why he had lied. He stated that he thought "It was just a phase he was going through" and my mom stated "Well can't you go around it?" I thought her response was both classic and clever!

How true is this mentality when we are faced with pain and suffering. We look onto our circumstances and would give anything to go around the season instead of through the season. The word "unswervingly" means solidly, unshakably and steadfastly. With Christ who has promised us faithfulness we must travel down the road of adversity and hit our circumstances head on with hope in His promise and not yield to the temptation of swerving into fear, despair and depression.

Profess your unswerving and unshakable hope in all seasons of your life.

1 comment:

Don said...

Brenda, I am completely drained as is mom. We are going back up to Asheville tomorrow and see what we can get done.

Will be in touch after plans firm up.

Mom - Dad