Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Singing in the Shadows

"Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:7-8.

I am blessed and privileged to be the mother of three wonderful children. It never failed that when they were little and we were out running errands my anxiety level would rise when I had to cross a road or parking lot with these three. I always made everyone grab a hand so no one would be "loose". There was always a frantic move as one broke free and took off!

To cling is to hold on to, adhere to, and to become a part of. As children of Christ He will uphold us and lead us to safety if we cling to Him. Clinging to Him is believing in Him, surrendering to Him and becoming one with Him.

Many times in life I have broken free and taken off trying to resolve my own problems only to be gathered by Him tucked back under His wings for His protection. I sing my praises to Him that He will always hold on to me even if I let go.

2 comments:

Don said...

David is the writer of this verse when he was in the wilderness of Judah. This 63 Psalm is about David's thirst for God.

We too like David can feel the protection of God almighty in our everyday lives.

Praise His Holy Name.

Don said...

Dear Brenda and Bruce; may the peace of God and the God of peace be with you this day to face the challenges which lay ahead.

God goes before us in ways unseen, but later on is revealed so that we can obtain a preview of the awesome power of God in an uncertain land.