Friday, March 27, 2009

I Gave You My Son...

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all -- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things." Romans 8:32.

When I think of the sacrifice God gave to us as sinners, undeserving and unconditionally, I can't imagine sacrificing my child for the benefit of people whom I do not even know. To lay my child's life down voluntarily for the benefit of murderers, robbers, liars, and drug dealers to name a few warrants a lack of true understanding of God because we would never do this.

How is it that we can believe on this sacrifice as the basis of our Christian faith but think God would give us less than His best in our daily walk. Christ is God's best in full bloom and yet sometimes we don't really believe that what He brings to us measures up to His best in everything. Why would the Father give His most treasured possession and withhold things lesser than that? He wouldn't...

Clothe yourself in the truth that everything God does for you, through you and in you is for the benefit of you. Now that's a nice garment...

No comments: